Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mayday, Mayday, Mayday

Ever dance around a Maypole holding the ribbons and moving in and out so that the ribbons form a pattern on the pole?

I have.




Ever find a May basket on your doorstep with fresh wildflowers picked by a young girl who was hiding in the bushes, watching you, and waiting for you to come find her and catch her and give her a kiss.
I have.




But unfortunately I didn't know the tradition and didn't go looking for the girl, who waited and waited for me to do so, and thus I blew the whole thing and pissed her off, and I didn't get a kiss that day.
However she married me anyway.




1 comment:

Okie Book Woman said...

Yep. I've had to teach you lots of things over the years. Fortunately, I'm a teacher, both by nature and by training. And I'm very patient.

Happy May Day, Love.